Among the health of the people, regular health problems are a cause for concern. But, when you deal with the health of the child, it becomes something more precious. Checking for heart problems for the child can begin early. You can begin the evaluation and treatment procedure for the fetus before the child is even born. This is because heart problems can be detected even before birth.
Child heart specialist
A pediatric cardiologist is the person well versed in the conditions of the children’s heart. The physician is good at diagnosing and treating the problems related to the heart of the children.
Developed facilities in Indian metros
Most of the metropolitan areas in India have good heart hospitals. One can avail of the best treatment and facilities related to health care at these hospitals. If you look for the best pediatric cardiologist in Delhi, you will hundreds of candidates since Delhi has a huge number of qualified medical professionals.
India has high number of medical professionals and the medical facilities are world class. With the arrival of new batches of patients from abroad, the treatment facility has undergone a step by step progression towards simplicity and integration with the medical tourists.
Demand from the medical tourists’ sector
Ever since the influx of medical tourists began about two decades before, there has a clamor for better infrastructure and facilities. Accordingly, the government of India took steps to ensure that the foreign tourists were given better treatment facilities. They were provided visa on arrival and the support to the local hospitals increased.
Different tests to be done
The analysis and treatment procedure involves the interpretation of echocardiograms and electrocardiograms along with the analysis of the exercise test. If there is a significant heart disease condition, the cardiologist may perform a cardiac catheterization to better understand the problem. Check with the top 10 cardiologists in India for more details.
Checks for heart problems
The initial analysis is performed by the pediatrician who looks for chest pain, heart murmurs and palpitations. He then recommends the patient to be seen by the pediatric cardiologist. The common heart disease conditions would be one or more of the following:
- Fetal heart disease
- Adolescent cardiology
- Evaluation and management of chest pain, syncope, cyanotic newborn
- Acquired heart disease
- Blood lipid disorders
- Congenital heart disease
- Cardiac arrhythmias
- Heart murmurs
The cardiologists and their support staff use a variety of tests and analyses to conduct the diagnosis. These may not be needed in all cases. Here is a look at them:
- Radiofrequency ablation of arrhythmias
- Fetal echocardiography
- Evaluation/management of premature coronary heart disease
- Pacemaker management
- Diagnostic cardiac catheterization
- Electrocardiograph interpretation
- Cardiac MRI
- Congenital heart lesions
- Interventional catheterization
- Arrhythmia evaluation and management
- Exercise testing
- Cardiac transplantation
Usual treatments done
Some common treatment procedures performed for babies (including unborn ones) is listed below:
- Atrial Septal Defect repair: The defect in the upper chambers of the baby’s heart is rectified.
- Coarctation of aorta repair: This defect results in a narrowing of a part of the aorta. This defect is remedied.
- Tetralogy of Fallot treatment: This deals with a condition known as ‘blue babies’.
- Ventricular Septal Defect repair: This defect involves the lower chambers of the heart.
- Patent Ductus Arteriosus closure: In this condition, blood circulates in an abnormal manner between two major arteries in the body – the aorta and the pulmonary artery.
To get the best treatment, check the list of hospitals. You can get the advice of the former patients by referring to the website of the hospital.